Thinking a cottage is mainly for the older generation? Think again. Cottage can both be traditional or modern or both. It doesn't have to be all shabby & froufrou if you don't want it to be. Here are some rules to follow:
1. Have a neutral back drop. Go for creams, white, beige, gray (like the one shown below), clay, sage & light browns.
2. Choose furniture pieces that are fuss-free. Go for clean lines & comfort. Make it livable & cozy like upholstered furniture whether it's the sofa, dining chairs or a headboard.
3. Have white....lots of it! This picture says it all, white is not boring if you choose the right pieces.
4. Have at least one piece, a wall or a window with a bold pattern & color. Bright orange & greens seem to go real well with white.
6. Add ultra modern pieces in steel, aluminum, brushed nickel or chrome pieces. And last but not the least,keep it simple!
Be Creatively Chic,